Below is a listing the various antique and consignments shops available in the greater Williamsburg area, from the July issue of Williamsburg Magazine. Many of these shops will keep a look out for requests in future consignments. One I recommend a lot to my retiring in Williamsburg clients is Classic Consignments Furniture and Accessories.
- Aladdin Consignment & Rugs Come browse our eclectic mix of furniture and accessories. You’re sure to find that focal piece to transform your room from fine to fabulous. 7131 Merrimac Trail, Williamsburg. 757 206-1665. www.aladdinconsignment.com
- Antique & Estate Items of Williamsburg Joe and Wilma McFaden are 25 year veterans in the antique business. They have seen fads come and go, but good antiques are never out of fashion. The store specializes in furniture, antique tools, guns, knives and military items from pre-Civil War to World War II, glassware, china, silver, primitive quilts, crocks, old shutters, fireplace items and more. 7405 Richmond Rd., Suite B & C, Williamsburg. 757 565-3553. www.antiqueestatewilliamsburg.com
- Charlie’s Antiques and Consignments invites you to visit their 8000 sq.ft. showroom featuring antique and oriental furniture Charlie has handpicked from his travels to Asia. 6500 Richmond Rd., Williamsburg, VA 757-566-8300. Visit our 7766 Richmond Rd., Toano location for Garden Statuary and exotic natural landscaping stones. www.charliesantiques-va.com
Chickadees offers a delightful array of furniture, accents and home décor. New items arrive daily. Chickadees is located in the Pavilion Shops at 6514 Richmond Rd. 757 645-3365. Chickadeesconsigns@cox.net
- Classic Consignments Furniture & Accessories offers a changing selection of transitional and traditional wood and upholstered furniture, lamps, accessories, china, glassware, artwork and carpets. Open Mon.–Sat., 10am- 5pm. The Village Shops at Kingsmill. 757 220-1790. www.classiconsignments.com.
- The Clothes Tree We sell new or slightly used women’s and men’s clothing in a variety of sizes. Name brand purses, jewelry, scarves, hats, belts & shoes. CONSIGNMENTS BY APPT. 170A Second St., Williamsburg. 757 220-2119. Hours Mon.-Sat. 10-5, Sun. 11-4. We handle estate sales by appt.
- DoveTail Antiques Voted one of the “Best of Williamsburg” for the last 6 years with the finest selection of formal/country furniture, porcelain, glassware and accessories in Williamsburg. DoveTail always carries 150+ antique clocks, radios, music boxes and pocket-watches. We buy quality antiques. Visit us at 6588 Richmond Rd, 757-565-5600. www.dovetailantiquesatnorge.com.
- Elegantly Eclectic, is a consignment shop mixing a complimentary eclectic style, an elegant vibe to any home décor. 7191 Richmond Rd. Unit A, Williamsburg. 757 603-6662. Like us on Facebook – Look for Elegantly Eclectic.
- Heritage Antiques This beautiful antique store is filled with furniture from end to end! You will find antiques dating from 1800s on up. Many accessories fill the store, including a large array of Period Lighting. Open Thursday through Saturday, other days by appointment. 903 S. Church St., Smithfield. 757 356-1055.
- High Cotton, Ltd. Specializing in turn-of-the century antiques and estate linens. Bedroom and dining room displays of furniture, crystal, china, silver and fine linens. Offering European Laundry Service for all your fine linens. 1490-5I Quarterpath Road, Williamsburg 757 258-3300.
- Merle Norman, Wigs & Handbags Stop in for a complimentary makeover or just a new lipstick! Browse our selection of over 200 consignment handbags including Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Vera Bradley, etc. Check out our wigs, turbans, hair wraps, etc. Ear piercing is $29.99. M-F – 10 – 5:30, S 10 – 3. 757-220-0053 www.williamsburgmerlenorman.com
- Mermaid Books, Since 1977, has been known for new, used, rare books, antiques and ephemera. Featuring; Virginia and colonial history, poetry, art, cookbooks & children’s books. Open Daily; 10 to 5 and Sundays noon to 5. 421-A Prince George Street, 757-229-3603 www.mermaidbookswilliamsburg.com
- Oriental Rug Mart- Persian Rugs Save 50-75% on over 1,200 new and antique handmade oriental rugs. Wool and silks from Persia, India, Pakistan and China. Sizes from 2’ X 3’ up to 12’ X 18’. The BEST prices in town! 6516 Richmond Rd. Route 60, Williamsburg. 757 565-2065.
Stick, Stone and Bone has wonderful gifts to soothe body, mind and spirit with a delightful blend of tumbled stones, sterling jewelry, votives, sage & dreamcatchers. We also have antique and vintage heirlooms. Come in…be surprised…discover your secret treasure.1675 Richmond Road, Williamsburg 757 258-8810
- Sugar & Spice Consignment Boutique Children’s, Juniors & Maternity Clothing, Toys, Baby Furniture & Accessories, Gifts, Books, School Uniforms & Everything Nice. Children’s play area. Thank you for voting us one of “The Best of Williamsburg.” Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-5pm. Richmond Rd in the Pavilion Shops 757 220-1661. www.sugarandspiceconsignmentboutique.com
- Toano General Store/Thrift Depot Side by side @ 7960 Richmond Rd. & 100 Depot St. in Toano 757-566-3696 & 757-566-1616. Stop by for everyday supplies- ammunition/bait/tackle/gardening/snacks/soda & candy to Vintage Goods & antiques.
- The Vintage Rabbit Home Décor & Consignment. We consign quality furniture and home décor, and are dedicated to making your consignment or purchase a pleasant one. 240 McLaws Circle, Suite 117. Marketplace Shops at Kingsmill. 757 903-4083. Find us on Facebook.
- West Point Antiques Seven blocks down Main Street in historic West Point, you’ll find a diverse array of antiques and collectibles. Over 35 dealers. Our 4,000 sq.ft. shop showcases antiques, retro items, glassware, china, furniture, and more. Open daily. 706 Main St. I-64 Exit 220, West Point. 804 843-4369.
- Williamsburg Antique Mall One of Eastern Virginia’s largest antique centers, featuring 45,000 square feet of space & 300+ dealers. A one-story facility with easy handicap accessibility. La Petite Tea Room. Centrally located just off the Route 199 Bypass near the Pottery Factory and outlet centers. Open Mon.-Sat., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun., Noon-5 p.m. Visa and MasterCard accepted. 500 Lightfoot Rd.,Rt. 646. 757 565-3422. www.antiqueswilliamsburg.com
Copyright © 2014, Williamsburg Magazine
Have you liked us on Facebook, yet?
Rolf Kramer, REALTOR®, ABR, SRES, e-PRO 757-564-4455 Licensed in Virginia with Liz Moore and Associates, 5350 Discovery Park Blvd, Williamsburg, VA 23188 Williamsburg has become a Mecca for retirees over the past dozen years because of its history, charm, vacation amenities, proximity to major cities and airports, and affordable cost of living. Check out www.retiringinwilliamsburg.com for information about the Williamsburg community, lifestyles available, and search for homes for sale.