Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Jamestown are all playing host and celebrating the formerly-known-as Arts Month – 2014 Williamsburg Fall Arts. This weekend of September 24-28, 2014 includes live music under the stars, art shows, a plant sale, and candlelight concerts.
- Bruton Parish Church will be holding two candlelight concerts, this week. Thursday, September 25th, will feature a tenor and lute recital at 8pm and Saturday, September 27th will feature a violin recital and an organ recital at 8pm (Note: BRAGGING RIGHTS — This is my lovely wife Lucy Manning!) Free entrance to both.
- Visit the Williamsburg Regional Library, on Friday, September 26th, at 7:30pm, for a Pipa Solo Concert. The pipa, a Chinese musical instrument, creates enchanting sounds that you are sure to enjoy. Free entrance.
- Calling all Parrot Heads, on Saturday, September 27th, to the Lake Matoaka Amphitheater at the College of William & Mary to see the “Parrots of the Caribbean,” a Jimmy Buffett tribute act. Parrot Head attire is welcomed; doors open at 5 p.m. Tickets can be found here, for $12.
- The Williamsburg Botanical Garden will hold The Art of the Garden, a plant sale featuring fall perennials and shrubs, butterfly-friendly plants and fall mums, on Saturday, September 27th, from 9am-2pm. Look for featured artists and garden books.
- The Riverwalk Landing is celebrating their Rhythms on the Riverwalk, this Friday, September 26th, with The Kevin Mac Experience, at 6:30pm.
- The Gallery at York Hall is hosting an artist meet-and-greet, this Sunday, September 28th, with artists Shirley Whitnock and Linda Miller. Free entrance.
- The Yorktown Art Stroll will be held on Sunday, September 28th, and will display and sell artists work in various shops and businesses, to include Riverwalk Landing and the Freight Shed. Mediums include paint, glass, photography, jewelry, pottery, and basketry. Look for the all-female cappella group from The College of William & Mary, “The Accidentals” and edibles from The Carrot Tree Kitchens. Several area businesses are staying open late for the celebration. Find the Yorktown Art Stroll Trolley Map here. Free entrance.
- At Jamestown Beach Park, on Saturday, September 27th, from 2-6pm, A Taste of the James will encourage feasting on seafood and sipping local wine and craft beer. Unique auction items at the silent auction and lots of fun and educational children’s activities. Tickets costing from $12-$75 can be purchased here.
- I hope some of you were able to score tickets to ShinDIG at Jamestown, being held tonight, September 25th (I understand the event is sold out). Entertainment will be provided by the “Who Ever Shows Up Band.” Gotta love that name!
Have you liked us on Facebook, yet?
Rolf Kramer, REALTOR®, ABR, SRES, e-PRO 757-564-4455 Licensed in Virginia with Liz Moore and Associates, 5350 Discovery Park Blvd, Williamsburg, VA 23188 Williamsburg has become a Mecca for retirees over the past dozen years because of its history, charm, vacation amenities, proximity to major cities and airports, and affordable cost of living. Check out www.retiringinwilliamsburg.com for information about the Williamsburg community, lifestyles available, and search for homes for sale.